| 1 | 眾子阿、要聽父親的教訓、留心得知聰明.
Listen, my sons, to a father's instruction; pay attention and gain understanding. | |
| 2 | 因我所給你們的、是好教訓.不可離棄我的法則〔或作指教〕。
I give you sound learning, so do not forsake my teaching. | |
| 3 | 我在父親面前為孝子、在母親眼中為獨一的嬌兒。
When I was a boy in my father's house, still tender, and an only child of my mother, | |
| 4 | 父親教訓我說、你心要存記我的言語、遵守我的命令、便得存活。
he taught me and said, "Lay hold of my words with all your heart; keep my commands and you will live. | |
| 5 | 要得智慧、要得聰明、不可忘記、也不可偏離我口中的言語.
Get wisdom, get understanding; do not forget my words or swerve from them. | |
| 6 | 不可離棄智慧、智慧就護衛你.要愛他、他就保守你。
Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you. | |
| 7 | 智慧為首.所以要得智慧.在你一切所得之內、必得聰明。〔或作用你一切所得的去換聰明〕。
Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding. | |
| 8 | 高舉智慧、他就使你高陞.懷抱智慧、他就使你尊榮。
Esteem her, and she will exalt you; embrace her, and she will honor you. | |
| 9 | 他必將華冠加在你頭上、把榮冕交給你。
She will set a garland of grace on your head and present you with a crown of splendor." | |
| 10 | 我兒、你要聽受我的言語、就必延年益壽。
Listen, my son, accept what I say, and the years of your life will be many. | |
| 11 | 我已指教你走智慧的道、引導你行正直的路。
I guide you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths. | |
| 12 | 你行走、腳步必不致狹窄.你奔跑、也不致跌倒。
When you walk, your steps will not be hampered; when you run, you will not stumble. | |
| 13 | 要持定訓誨、不可放鬆.必當謹守、因為他是你的生命。
Hold on to instruction, do not let it go; guard it well, for it is your life. | |
| 14 | 不可行惡人的路.不要走壞人的道。
Do not set foot on the path of the wicked or walk in the way of evil men. | |
| 15 | 要躲避、不可經過.要轉身而去。
Avoid it, do not travel on it; turn from it and go on your way. | |
| 16 | 這等人若不行惡、不得睡覺.不使人跌倒、睡臥不安。
For they cannot sleep till they do evil; they are robbed of slumber till they make someone fall. | |
| 17 | 因為他們以奸惡喫餅、以強暴喝酒。
They eat the bread of wickedness and drink the wine of violence. | |
| 18 | 但義人的路、好像黎明的光、越照越明、直到日午。
The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full light of day. | |
| 19 | 惡人的道、好像幽暗.自己不知因甚麼跌倒。
But the way of the wicked is like deep darkness; they do not know what makes them stumble. | |
| 20 | 我兒、要留心聽我的言詞、側耳聽我的話語.
My son, pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words. | |
| 21 | 都不可離你的眼目.要存記在你心中。
Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; | |
| 22 | 因為得著他的、就得了生命、又得了醫全體的良藥。
for they are life to those who find them and health to a man's whole body. | |
| 23 | 你要保守你心、勝過保守一切〔或作你要切切保守你心〕因為一生的果效、是由心發出。
Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. | |
| 24 | 你要除掉邪僻的口、棄絕乖謬的嘴。
Put away perversity from your mouth; keep corrupt talk far from your lips. | |
| 25 | 你的眼目、要向前正看你的眼睛〔原文作皮〕當向前直觀。
Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you. | |
| 26 | 要修平你腳下的路、堅定你一切的道。
Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm. | |
| 27 | 不可偏向左右.要使你的腳離開邪惡。
Do not swerve to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil. | |