| 1 | 提幔人以利法回答說、
Then Eliphaz the Temanite replied: | |
| 2 | 人若想與你說話、你就厭煩麼.但誰能忍住不說呢。
"If someone ventures a word with you, will you be impatient? But who can keep from speaking? | |
| 3 | 你素來教導許多的人、又堅固軟弱的手。
Think how you have instructed many, how you have strengthened feeble hands. | |
| 4 | 你的言語曾扶助那將要跌倒的人.你又使軟弱的膝穩固。
Your words have supported those who stumbled; you have strengthened faltering knees. | |
| 5 | 但現在禍患臨到你、你就昏迷.挨近你、你便驚惶。
But now trouble comes to you, and you are discouraged; it strikes you, and you are dismayed. | |
| 6 | 你的倚靠、不是在你敬畏 神麼.你的盼望、不是在你行事純正麼。
Should not your piety be your confidence and your blameless ways your hope? | |
| 7 | 請你追想、無辜的人、有誰滅亡.正直的人、在何處剪除。
"Consider now: Who, being innocent, has ever perished? Where were the upright ever destroyed? | |
| 8 | 按我所見、耕罪孽、種毒害的人、都照樣收割。
As I have observed, those who plow evil and those who sow trouble reap it. | |
| 9 | 神一出氣、他們就滅亡. 神一發怒、他們就消沒。
At the breath of God they are destroyed; at the blast of his anger they perish. | |
| 10 | 獅子的吼叫、和猛獅的聲音、盡都止息.少壯獅子的牙齒、也都敲掉。
The lions may roar and growl, yet the teeth of the great lions are broken. | |
| 11 | 老獅子、因絕食而死、母獅之子、也都離散。
The lion perishes for lack of prey, and the cubs of the lioness are scattered. | |
| 12 | 我暗暗地得了默示、我耳朵也聽其細微的聲音。
"A word was secretly brought to me, my ears caught a whisper of it. | |
| 13 | 在思念夜中.異象之間、世人沉睡的時候、
Amid disquieting dreams in the night, when deep sleep falls on men, | |
| 14 | 恐懼、戰兢、臨到我身、使我百骨打戰。
fear and trembling seized me and made all my bones shake. | |
| 15 | 有靈從我面前經過、我身上的毫毛直立。
A spirit glided past my face, and the hair on my body stood on end. | |
| 16 | 那靈停住、我卻不能辨其形狀.有影像在我眼前.我在靜默中、聽見有聲音、說、
It stopped, but I could not tell what it was. A form stood before my eyes, and I heard a hushed voice: | |
| 17 | 必死的人豈能比 神公義麼.人豈能比造他的主潔淨麼。
'Can a mortal be more righteous than God? Can a man be more pure than his Maker? | |
| 18 | 主不信靠他的臣僕、並且指他的使者為愚昧.
If God places no trust in his servants, if he charges his angels with error, | |
| 19 | 何況那住在土房、根基在塵土裡、被蠹蟲所毀壞的人呢。
how much more those who live in houses of clay, whose foundations are in the dust, who are crushed more readily than a moth! | |
| 20 | 早晚之間、就被毀滅、永歸無有、無人理會。
Between dawn and dusk they are broken to pieces; unnoticed, they perish forever. | |
| 21 | 他帳棚的繩索、豈不從中抽出來呢.他死、且是無智慧而死。
Are not the cords of their tent pulled up, so that they die without wisdom?' | |