| 1 | 但如今比我年少的人戲笑我.其人之父、我曾藐視、不肯安在看守我羊群的狗中。
"But now they mock me, men younger than I, whose fathers I would have disdained to put with my sheep dogs.
| |
| 2 | 他們壯年的氣力既已衰敗、其手之力與我何益呢。
Of what use was the strength of their hands to me, since their vigor had gone from them?
| |
| 3 | 他們因窮乏飢餓、身體枯瘦、在荒廢淒涼的幽暗中、齦乾燥之地.
Haggard from want and hunger, they roamed the parched land in desolate wastelands at night.
| |
| 4 | 在草叢之中採鹹草、羅騰的根為他們的食物。〔羅騰小樹名松類〕
In the brush they gathered salt herbs, and their food was the root of the broom tree.
| |
| 5 | 他們從人中被趕出、人追喊他們如賊一般、
They were banished from their fellow men, shouted at as if they were thieves.
| |
| 6 | 以致他們住在荒谷之間、在地洞和巖穴中.
They were forced to live in the dry stream beds, among the rocks and in holes in the ground.
| |
| 7 | 在草叢中叫喚、在荊棘下聚集。
They brayed among the bushes and huddled in the undergrowth.
| |
| 8 | 這都是愚頑下賤人的兒女.他們被鞭打、趕出境外。
A base and nameless brood, they were driven out of the land.
| |
| 9 | 現在這些人以我為歌曲、以我為笑談。
"And now their sons mock me in song; I have become a byword among them.
| |
| 10 | 他們厭惡我、躲在旁邊站著、不住地吐唾沫在我臉上。
They detest me and keep their distance; they do not hesitate to spit in my face.
| |
| 11 | 鬆開他們的繩索苦待我、在我面前脫去轡頭。
Now that God has unstrung my bow and afflicted me, they throw off restraint in my presence.
| |
| 12 | 這等下流人在我右邊起來、推開我的腳、築成戰路來攻擊我。
On my right the tribe attacks; they lay snares for my feet, they build their siege ramps against me.
| |
| 13 | 這些無人幫助的、毀壞我的道、加增我的災。
They break up my road; they succeed in destroying me--without anyone's helping them.
| |
| 14 | 他們來如同闖進大破口.在毀壞之間、輥在我身上。
They advance as through a gaping breach; amid the ruins they come rolling in.
| |
| 15 | 驚恐臨到我、驅逐我的尊榮如風.我的福祿如雲過去。
Terrors overwhelm me; my dignity is driven away as by the wind, my safety vanishes like a cloud.
| |
| 16 | 現在我心極其悲傷.困苦的日子將我抓住。
"And now my life ebbs away; days of suffering grip me.
| |
| 17 | 夜間我裡面的骨頭刺我、疼痛不止、好像齦我。
Night pierces my bones; my gnawing pains never rest.
| |
| 18 | 因 神的大力、我的外衣污穢不堪.又如裡衣的領子將我纏住。
In his great power God becomes like clothing to me; he binds me like the neck of my garment.
| |
| 19 | 神把我扔在淤泥中、我就像塵土和爐灰一般。
He throws me into the mud, and I am reduced to dust and ashes.
| |
| 20 | 主阿、我呼求你、你不應允我.我站起來、你就定睛看我。
"I cry out to you, O God, but you do not answer; I stand up, but you merely look at me.
| |
| 21 | 你向我變心、待我殘忍.又用大能追逼我.
You turn on me ruthlessly; with the might of your hand you attack me.
| |
| 22 | 把我提在風中、使我駕風而行.又使我消滅在烈風中。
You snatch me up and drive me before the wind; you toss me about in the storm.
| |
| 23 | 我知道要使我臨到死地、到那為眾生所定的陰宅。
I know you will bring me down to death, to the place appointed for all the living.
| |
| 24 | 然而人仆倒、豈不伸手.遇災難、豈不求救呢。
"Surely no one lays a hand on a broken man when he cries for help in his distress.
| |
| 25 | 人遭難、我豈不為他哭泣呢.人窮乏、我豈不為他憂愁呢。
Have I not wept for those in trouble? Has not my soul grieved for the poor?
| |
| 26 | 我仰望得好處、災禍就到了.我等待光明、黑暗便來了。
Yet when I hoped for good, evil came; when I looked for light, then came darkness.
| |
| 27 | 我心裡煩擾不安、困苦的日子臨到我身。
The churning inside me never stops; days of suffering confront me.
| |
| 28 | 我沒有日光就哀哭行去.〔或作我面發黑並非因日曬〕我在會中站著求救。
I go about blackened, but not by the sun; I stand up in the assembly and cry for help.
| |
| 29 | 我與野狗為弟兄、與鴕鳥為同伴。
I have become a brother of jackals, a companion of owls.
| |
| 30 | 我的皮膚黑而脫落.我的骨頭因熱燒焦。
My skin grows black and peels; my body burns with fever.
| |
| 31 | 所以我的琴音變為悲音、我的簫聲變為哭聲。
My harp is tuned to mourning, and my flute to the sound of wailing.
| |