1 書亞人比勒達回答、說、
Then Bildad the Shuhite replied: |
2 這些話你要說到幾時.口中的言語如狂風要到幾時呢。
"How long will you say such things? Your words are a blustering wind. |
3 神豈能偏離公平.全能者豈能偏離公義。
Does God pervert justice? Does the Almighty pervert what is right? |
4 或者你的兒女得罪了他、他使他們受報應。
When your children sinned against him, he gave them over to the penalty of their sin. |
5 你若殷勤的尋求 神、向全能者懇求.
But if you will look to God and plead with the Almighty, |
6 你若清潔正直.他必定為你起來、使你公義的居所興旺。
if you are pure and upright, even now he will rouse himself on your behalf and restore you to your rightful place. |
7 你起初雖然微小、終久必甚發達。
Your beginnings will seem humble, so prosperous will your future be. |
8 請你考問前代、追念他們的列祖所查究的。
"Ask the former generations and find out what their fathers learned, |
9 (我們不過從昨日纔有、一無所知.我們在世的日子好像影兒。)
for we were born only yesterday and know nothing, and our days on earth are but a shadow. |
10 他們豈不指教你、告訴你、從心裡發出言語來呢。
Will they not instruct you and tell you? Will they not bring forth words from their understanding? |
11 蒲草沒有泥、豈能發長.蘆荻沒有水豈能生發。
Can papyrus grow tall where there is no marsh? Can reeds thrive without water? |
12 尚青的時候、還沒有割下、比百樣的草先枯槁。
While still growing and uncut, they wither more quickly than grass. |
13 凡忘記 神的人、景況也是這樣.不虔敬人的指望要滅沒.
Such is the destiny of all who forget God; so perishes the hope of the godless. |
14 他所仰賴的必折斷、他所倚靠的是蜘蛛網。
What he trusts in is fragile; what he relies on is a spider's web. |
15 他要倚靠房屋、房屋卻站立不住.他要抓住房屋、房屋卻不能存留。
He leans on his web, but it gives way; he clings to it, but it does not hold. |
16 他在日光之下發青、蔓子爬滿了園子。
He is like a well-watered plant in the sunshine, spreading its shoots over the garden; |
17 他的根盤繞石堆、扎入石地。
it entwines its roots around a pile of rocks and looks for a place among the stones. |
18 他若從本地被拔出、那地就不認識他、說、我沒有見過你。
But when it is torn from its spot, that place disowns it and says, 'I never saw you.' |
19 看哪、這就是他道中之樂.以後必另有人從地而生。
Surely its life withers away, and from the soil other plants grow. |
20 神必不丟棄完全人、也不扶助邪惡人。
"Surely God does not reject a blameless man or strengthen the hands of evildoers. |
21 他還要以喜笑充滿你的口、以歡呼充滿你的嘴。
He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy. |
22 恨惡你的要披戴慚愧.惡人的帳棚、必歸於無有。
Your enemies will be clothed in shame, and the tents of the wicked will be no more." |