1 我的心灵消耗,我的日子灭尽。坟墓为我预备好了。 My spirit is broken, my days are cut short, the grave awaits me. |
2 真有戏笑我的在我这里,我眼常见他们惹动我。 Surely mockers surround me; my eyes must dwell on their hostility. |
3 愿主拿凭据给我,自己为我作保。在你以外谁肯与我击掌呢? "Give me, O God, the pledge you demand. Who else will put up security for me? |
4 因你使他们心不明理,所以你必不高举他们。 You have closed their minds to understanding; therefore you will not let them triumph. |
5 控告他的朋友,以朋友为可抢夺的,连他儿女的眼睛也要失明。 If a man denounces his friends for reward, the eyes of his children will fail. |
6 神使我作了民中的笑谈。他们也吐唾沫在我脸上。 "God has made me a byword to everyone, a man in whose face people spit. |
7 我的眼睛因忧愁昏花。我的百体好像影儿。 My eyes have grown dim with grief; my whole frame is but a shadow. |
8 正直人因此必惊奇。无辜的人,要兴起攻击不敬虔之辈。 Upright men are appalled at this; the innocent are aroused against the ungodly. |
9 然而,义人要持守所行的道。手洁的人要力上加力。 Nevertheless, the righteous will hold to their ways, and those with clean hands will grow stronger. |
10 至于你们众人,可以再来辩论吧。你们中间,我找不着一个智慧人。 "But come on, all of you, try again! I will not find a wise man among you. |
11 我的日子已经过了。我的谋算,我心所想望的已经断绝。 My days have passed, my plans are shattered, and so are the desires of my heart. |
12 他们以黑夜为白昼,说,亮光近乎黑暗。 These men turn night into day; in the face of darkness they say, 'Light is near.' |
13 我若盼望阴间为我的房屋,若下榻在黑暗中, If the only home I hope for is the grave, if I spread out my bed in darkness, |
14 若对朽坏说,你是我的父。对虫说,你是我的母亲姐妹。 if I say to corruption, 'You are my father,' and to the worm, 'My mother' or 'My sister,' |
15 这样,我的指望在哪里呢?我所指望的谁能看见呢? where then is my hope? Who can see any hope for me? |
16 等到安息在尘土中,这指望必下到阴间的门闩那里了。 Will it go down to the gates of death? Will we descend together into the dust?" |