1 约伯回答说, Then Job replied: |
2 这样的话我听了许多。你们安慰人,反叫人愁烦。 "I have heard many things like these; miserable comforters are you all! |
3 虚空的言语有穷尽吗?有什么话惹动你回答呢? Will your long-winded speeches never end? What ails you that you keep on arguing? |
4 我也能说你们那样的话。你们若处在我的境遇,我也会联络言语攻击你们,又能向你们摇头。 I also could speak like you, if you were in my place; I could make fine speeches against you and shake my head at you. |
5 但我必用口坚固你们,用嘴消解你们的忧愁。 But my mouth would encourage you; comfort from my lips would bring you relief. |
6 我虽说话,忧愁仍不得消解。我虽停住不说,忧愁就离开我吗? "Yet if I speak, my pain is not relieved; and if I refrain, it does not go away. |
7 但现在神使我困倦,使亲友远离我。 Surely, O God, you have worn me out; you have devastated my entire household. |
8 又抓住我,作见证攻击我。我身体的枯瘦,也当面见证我的不是。 You have bound me--and it has become a witness; my gauntness rises up and testifies against me. |
9 主发怒撕裂我,逼迫我,向我切齿。我的敌人怒目看我。 God assails me and tears me in his anger and gnashes his teeth at me; my opponent fastens on me his piercing eyes. |
10 他们向我开口,打我的脸羞辱我,聚会攻击我。 Men open their mouths to jeer at me; they strike my cheek in scorn and unite together against me. |
11 神把我交给不敬虔的人,把我扔到恶人的手中。 God has turned me over to evil men and thrown me into the clutches of the wicked. |
12 我素来安逸,他折断我,掐住我的颈项,把我摔碎。又立我为他的箭靶子。 All was well with me, but he shattered me; he seized me by the neck and crushed me. He has made me his target; |
13 他的弓箭手四面围绕我。他破裂我的肺腑,并不留情,把我的胆倾倒在地上, his archers surround me. Without pity, he pierces my kidneys and spills my gall on the ground. |
14 将我破裂又破裂,如同勇士向我直闯。 Again and again he bursts upon me; he rushes at me like a warrior. |
15 我缝麻布在我皮肤上,把我的角放在尘土中。 "I have sewed sackcloth over my skin and buried my brow in the dust. |
16 我的脸因哭泣发紫,在我的眼皮上有死荫。 My face is red with weeping, deep shadows ring my eyes; |
17 我的手中却无强暴。我的祈祷也是清洁。 yet my hands have been free of violence and my prayer is pure. |
18 地阿,不要遮盖我的血。不要阻挡我的哀求。 "O earth, do not cover my blood; may my cry never be laid to rest! |
19 现今,在天有我的见证,在上有我的中保。 Even now my witness is in heaven; my advocate is on high. |
20 我的朋友讥诮我,我却向神眼泪汪汪。 My intercessor is my friend as my eyes pour out tears to God; |
21 愿人得与神辩白,如同人与朋友辩白一样。 on behalf of a man he pleads with God as a man pleads for his friend. |
22 因为再过几年,我必走那往而不返之路。 "Only a few years will pass before I go on the journey of no return. |