1 约伯回答说, Then Job replied: |
2 惟愿我的烦恼称一称,我一切的灾害放在天平里。 "If only my anguish could be weighed and all my misery be placed on the scales! |
3 现今都比海沙更重,所以我的言语急躁。 It would surely outweigh the sand of the seas--no wonder my words have been impetuous. |
4 因全能者的箭射入我身,其毒,我的灵喝尽了。神的惊吓摆阵攻击我。 The arrows of the Almighty are in me, my spirit drinks in their poison; God's terrors are marshaled against me. |
5 野驴有草岂能叫唤,牛有料,岂能吼叫。 Does a wild donkey bray when it has grass, or an ox bellow when it has fodder? |
6 物淡而无盐岂可吃吗?蛋青有什么滋味呢? Is tasteless food eaten without salt, or is there flavor in the white of an egg? |
7 看为可厌的食物,我心不肯挨近。 I refuse to touch it; such food makes me ill. |
8 惟愿我得着所求的,愿神赐我所切望的。 "Oh, that I might have my request, that God would grant what I hope for, |
9 就是愿神把我压碎,伸手将我剪除。 that God would be willing to crush me, to let loose his hand and cut me off! |
10 我因没有违弃那圣者的言语,就仍以此为安慰,在不止息的痛苦中还可踊跃。 Then I would still have this consolation--my joy in unrelenting pain--that I had not denied the words of the Holy One. |
11 我有什么气力使我等候。我有什么结局使我忍耐。 "What strength do I have, that I should still hope? What prospects, that I should be patient? |
12 我的气力岂是石头的气力。我的肉身岂是铜的呢? Do I have the strength of stone? Is my flesh bronze? |
13 在我岂不是毫无帮助吗?智慧岂不是从我心中赶出净尽吗? Do I have any power to help myself, now that success has been driven from me? |
14 那将要灰心,离弃全能者,不敬畏神的人,他的朋友当以慈爱待他。 "A despairing man should have the devotion of his friends, even though he forsakes the fear of the Almighty. |
15 我的弟兄诡诈,好像溪水,又像溪水流干的河道。 But my brothers are as undependable as intermittent streams, as the streams that overflow |
16 这河因结冰发黑,有雪藏在其中。 when darkened by thawing ice and swollen with melting snow, |
17 天气渐暖就随时消化,日头炎热便从原处干涸。 but that cease to flow in the dry season, and in the heat vanish from their channels. |
18 结伴的客旅离弃大道,顺河边行,到荒野之地死亡。 Caravans turn aside from their routes; they go up into the wasteland and perish. |
19 提玛结伴的客旅瞻望。示巴同伙的人等候。 The caravans of Tema look for water, the traveling merchants of Sheba look in hope. |
20 他们因失了盼望就抱愧,来到那里便蒙羞。 They are distressed, because they had been confident; they arrive there, only to be disappointed. |
21 现在你们正是这样,看见惊吓的事便惧怕。 Now you too have proved to be of no help; you see something dreadful and are afraid. |
22 我岂说,请你们供给我,从你们的财物中送礼物给我。 Have I ever said, 'Give something on my behalf, pay a ransom for me from your wealth, |
23 岂说,拯救我脱离敌人的手吗?救赎我脱离强暴人的手吗? deliver me from the hand of the enemy, ransom me from the clutches of the ruthless'? |
24 请你们教导我,我便不作声。使我明白在何事上有错。 "Teach me, and I will be quiet; show me where I have been wrong. |
25 正直的言语力量何其大。但你们责备是责备什么呢? How painful are honest words! But what do your arguments prove? |
26 绝望人的讲论既然如风,你们还想要驳正言语吗? Do you mean to correct what I say, and treat the words of a despairing man as wind? |
27 你们想为孤儿拈阄,以朋友当货物。 You would even cast lots for the fatherless and barter away your friend. |
28 现在请你们看看我,我决不当面说谎。 "But now be so kind as to look at me. Would I lie to your face? |
29 请你们转意,不要不公。请再转意,我的事有理。 Relent, do not be unjust; reconsider, for my integrity is at stake. |
30 我的舌上岂有不义吗?我的口里岂不辨奸恶吗? Is there any wickedness on my lips? Can my mouth not discern malice? |