1 你且呼求,有谁答应你?诸圣者之中,你转向那一位呢? "Call if you will, but who will answer you? To which of the holy ones will you turn? |
2 忿怒害死愚妄人,嫉妒杀死痴迷人。 Resentment kills a fool, and envy slays the simple. |
3 我曾见愚妄人扎下根,但我忽然咒诅他的住处。 I myself have seen a fool taking root, but suddenly his house was cursed. |
4 他的儿女远离稳妥的地步,在城门口被压,并无人搭救。 His children are far from safety, crushed in court without a defender. |
5 他的庄稼有饥饿的人吃尽了,就是在荆棘里的也抢去了。他的财宝有网罗张口吞灭了。 The hungry consume his harvest, taking it even from among thorns, and the thirsty pant after his wealth. |
6 祸患原不是从土中出来。患难也不是从地里发生。 For hardship does not spring from the soil, nor does trouble sprout from the ground. |
7 人生在世必遇患难,如同火星飞腾。 Yet man is born to trouble as surely as sparks fly upward. |
8 至于我,我必仰望神,把我的事情托付他。 "But if it were I, I would appeal to God; I would lay my cause before him. |
9 他行大事不可测度,行奇事不可胜数。 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted. |
10 降雨在地上,赐水于田里。 He bestows rain on the earth; he sends water upon the countryside. |
11 将卑微的安置在高处,将哀痛的举到稳妥之地。 The lowly he sets on high, and those who mourn are lifted to safety. |
12 破坏狡猾人的计谋,使他们所谋的不得成就。 He thwarts the plans of the crafty, so that their hands achieve no success. |
13 他叫有智慧的中了自己的诡计,使狡诈人的计谋速速灭亡。 He catches the wise in their craftiness, and the schemes of the wily are swept away. |
14 他们白昼遇见黑暗,午间摸索如在夜间。 Darkness comes upon them in the daytime; at noon they grope as in the night. |
15 神拯救穷乏人,脱离他们口中的刀,和强暴人的手。 He saves the needy from the sword in their mouth; he saves them from the clutches of the powerful. |
16 这样,贫寒的人有指望,罪孽之辈必塞口无言。 So the poor have hope, and injustice shuts its mouth. |
17 神所惩治的人是有福的。所以你不可轻看全能者的管教。 "Blessed is the man whom God corrects; so do not despise the discipline of the Almighty. |
18 因为他打破,又缠裹。他击伤,用手医治。 For he wounds, but he also binds up; he injures, but his hands also heal. |
19 你六次遭难,他必救你。就是七次,灾祸也无法害你。 From six calamities he will rescue you; in seven no harm will befall you. |
20 在饥荒中,他必救你脱离死亡。在争战中,他必救你脱离刀剑的权力。 In famine he will ransom you from death, and in battle from the stroke of the sword. |
21 你必被隐藏,不受口舌之害。灾殃临到,你也不惧怕。 You will be protected from the lash of the tongue, and need not fear when destruction comes. |
22 你遇见灾害饥馑,就必嬉笑。地上的野兽,你也不惧怕。 You will laugh at destruction and famine, and need not fear the beasts of the earth. |
23 因为你必与田间的石头立约,田里的野兽也必与你和好。 For you will have a covenant with the stones of the field, and the wild animals will be at peace with you. |
24 你必知道你帐棚平安,要查看你的羊圈,一无所失。 You will know that your tent is secure; you will take stock of your property and find nothing missing. |
25 也必知道你的后裔将来发达,你的子孙像地上的青草。 You will know that your children will be many, and your descendants like the grass of the earth. |
26 你必寿高年迈才归坟墓,好像禾捆到时收藏。 You will come to the grave in full vigor, like sheaves gathered in season. |
27 这理,我们已经考察,本是如此。你须要听,要知道是与自己有益。 "We have examined this, and it is true. So hear it and apply it to yourself." |