1 提幔人以利法回答说, Then Eliphaz the Temanite replied: |
2 人若想与你说话,你就厌烦吗?但谁能忍住不说呢? "If someone ventures a word with you, will you be impatient? But who can keep from speaking? |
3 你素来教导许多的人,又坚固软弱的手。 Think how you have instructed many, how you have strengthened feeble hands. |
4 你的言语曾扶助那将要跌倒的人。你又使软弱的膝稳固。 Your words have supported those who stumbled; you have strengthened faltering knees. |
5 但现在祸患临到你,你就昏迷,挨近你,你便惊惶。 But now trouble comes to you, and you are discouraged; it strikes you, and you are dismayed. |
6 你的倚靠不是在你敬畏神吗?你的盼望不是在你行事纯正吗? Should not your piety be your confidence and your blameless ways your hope? |
7 请你追想,无辜的人有谁灭亡。正直的人在何处剪除。 "Consider now: Who, being innocent, has ever perished? Where were the upright ever destroyed? |
8 按我所见,耕罪孽,种毒害的人,都照样收割。 As I have observed, those who plow evil and those who sow trouble reap it. |
9 神一出气,他们就灭亡。神一发怒,他们就消没。 At the breath of God they are destroyed; at the blast of his anger they perish. |
10 狮子的吼叫,和猛狮的声音,尽都止息。少壮狮子的牙齿,也都敲掉。 The lions may roar and growl, yet the teeth of the great lions are broken. |
11 老狮子因绝食而死。母狮之子也都离散。 The lion perishes for lack of prey, and the cubs of the lioness are scattered. |
12 我暗暗地得了默示。我耳朵也听其细微的声音。 "A word was secretly brought to me, my ears caught a whisper of it. |
13 在思念夜中,异象之间,世人沉睡的时候。 Amid disquieting dreams in the night, when deep sleep falls on men, |
14 恐惧,战兢临到我身,使我百骨打战。 fear and trembling seized me and made all my bones shake. |
15 有灵从我面前经过,我身上的毫毛直立。 A spirit glided past my face, and the hair on my body stood on end. |
16 那灵停住,我却不能辨其形状。有影像在我眼前。我在静默中听见有声音说, It stopped, but I could not tell what it was. A form stood before my eyes, and I heard a hushed voice: |
17 必死的人岂能比神公义吗?人岂能比造他的主洁净吗? 'Can a mortal be more righteous than God? Can a man be more pure than his Maker? |
18 主不信靠他的臣仆,并且指他的使者为愚昧。 If God places no trust in his servants, if he charges his angels with error, |
19 何况那住在土房,根基在尘土里,被蠹虫所毁坏的人呢? how much more those who live in houses of clay, whose foundations are in the dust, who are crushed more readily than a moth! |
20 早晚之间,就被毁灭,永归无有,无人理会。 Between dawn and dusk they are broken to pieces; unnoticed, they perish forever. |
21 他帐棚的绳索岂不从中抽出来呢?他死,且是无智慧而死。 Are not the cords of their tent pulled up, so that they die without wisdom?' |