| 1 | 約伯回答說、
Then Job replied: | |
| 2 | 我真知道是這樣.但人在 神面前怎能成為義呢。
"Indeed, I know that this is true. But how can a mortal be righteous before God? | |
| 3 | 若願意與他爭辯、千中之一也不能回答。
Though one wished to dispute with him, he could not answer him one time out of a thousand. | |
| 4 | 他心裡有智慧、且大有能力.誰向 神剛硬而得亨通呢。
His wisdom is profound, his power is vast. Who has resisted him and come out unscathed? | |
| 5 | 他發怒、把山翻倒挪移、山並不知覺.
He moves mountains without their knowing it and overturns them in his anger. | |
| 6 | 他使地震動、離其本位、地的柱子就搖撼。
He shakes the earth from its place and makes its pillars tremble. | |
| 7 | 他吩咐日頭不出來、就不出來、又封閉眾星。
He speaks to the sun and it does not shine; he seals off the light of the stars. | |
| 8 | 他獨自鋪張蒼天、步行在海浪之上。
He alone stretches out the heavens and treads on the waves of the sea. | |
| 9 | 他造北斗、參星、昴星、並南方的密宮。
He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion, the Pleiades and the constellations of the south. | |
| 10 | 他行大事不可測度、行奇事不可勝數。
He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted. | |
| 11 | 他從我旁邊經過、我卻不看見.他在我面前行走、我倒不知覺。
When he passes me, I cannot see him; when he goes by, I cannot perceive him. | |
| 12 | 他奪取、誰能阻擋、誰敢問他、你作甚麼。
If he snatches away, who can stop him? Who can say to him, 'What are you doing?' | |
| 13 | 神必不收回他的怒氣.扶助拉哈伯的、屈身在他以下。
God does not restrain his anger; even the cohorts of Rahab cowered at his feet. | |
| 14 | 既是這樣、我怎敢回答他、怎敢選擇言語與他辯論呢。
"How then can I dispute with him? How can I find words to argue with him? | |
| 15 | 我雖有義、也不回答他.只要向那審判我的懇求。
Though I were innocent, I could not answer him; I could only plead with my Judge for mercy. | |
| 16 | 我若呼籲、他應允我、我仍不信他真聽我的聲音。
Even if I summoned him and he responded, I do not believe he would give me a hearing. | |
| 17 | 他用暴風折斷我、無故的加增我的損傷。
He would crush me with a storm and multiply my wounds for no reason. | |
| 18 | 我就是喘一口氣、他都不容、倒使我滿心苦惱。
He would not let me regain my breath but would overwhelm me with misery. | |
| 19 | 若論力量、他真有能力.若論審判、他說誰能將我傳來呢。
If it is a matter of strength, he is mighty! And if it is a matter of justice, who will summon him? | |
| 20 | 我雖有義、自己的口要定我為有罪.我雖完全、我口必顯我為彎曲。
Even if I were innocent, my mouth would condemn me; if I were blameless, it would pronounce me guilty. | |
| 21 | 我本完全.不顧自己.我厭惡我的性命。
"Although I am blameless, I have no concern for myself; I despise my own life. | |
| 22 | 善惡無分、都是一樣.所以我說、完全人、和惡人、他都滅絕。
It is all the same; that is why I say, 'He destroys both the blameless and the wicked.' | |
| 23 | 若忽然遭殺害之禍、他必戲笑無辜的人遇難。
When a scourge brings sudden death, he mocks the despair of the innocent. | |
| 24 | 世界交在惡人手中.蒙蔽世界審判官的臉.若不是他、是誰呢。
When a land falls into the hands of the wicked, he blindfolds its judges. If it is not he, then who is it? | |
| 25 | 我的日子比跑信的更快、急速過去、不見福樂。
"My days are swifter than a runner; they fly away without a glimpse of joy. | |
| 26 | 我的日子過去如快船、如急落抓食的鷹。
They skim past like boats of papyrus, like eagles swooping down on their prey. | |
| 27 | 我若說、我要忘記我的哀情、除去我的愁容、心中暢快.
If I say, 'I will forget my complaint, I will change my expression, and smile,' | |
| 28 | 我因愁苦而懼怕、知道你必不以我為無辜。
I still dread all my sufferings, for I know you will not hold me innocent. | |
| 29 | 我必被你定為有罪.我何必徒然勞苦呢。
Since I am already found guilty, why should I struggle in vain? | |
| 30 | 我若用雪水洗身、用鹼潔淨我的手.
Even if I washed myself with soap and my hands with washing soda, | |
| 31 | 你還要扔我在坑裡、我的衣服都憎惡我.
you would plunge me into a slime pit so that even my clothes would detest me. | |
| 32 | 他本不像我是人、使我可以回答他、又使我們可以同聽審判。
"He is not a man like me that I might answer him, that we might confront each other in court. | |
| 33 | 我們中間沒有聽訟的人、可以向我們兩造按手。
If only there were someone to arbitrate between us, to lay his hand upon us both, | |
| 34 | 願他把杖離開我、不使驚惶威嚇我.
someone to remove God's rod from me, so that his terror would frighten me no more. | |
| 35 | 我就說話、也不懼怕他.現在我卻不是那樣。
Then I would speak up without fear of him, but as it now stands with me, I cannot. | |